Privacy and Security
HSPnet is a secure web-enabled application that contains information about students in placements within health agencies. Student information is protected through a comprehensive privacy and security framework to ensure that personal information in HSPnet:
- Is collected, used, and disclosed only for purposes consistent with identifying and coordinating student placements;
- Cannot be used or disclosed without the consent of the student whose personal information is to be collected; and
- Is disclosed only to authorized individuals on a need-to-know basis, and in general only to individuals involved in students placements within the individual’s educational program or discipline, agency, and/or service area.
For more information:
- View a multimedia Overview of Privacy & Security in HSPnet HSPnet Privacy & Security
- Review the Quick Reference Guide on Privacy and Security of personal information in HSPnet
- View information about the provincial privacy legislation and local Privacy Officer in your province.
- Contact the national HSPnet Privacy Officer if you have any questions or concerns.