HSPnet is a fully integrated solution for the challenges of Practice Education Management.
Practice education is a vital component of education in the health sciences, representing a significant portion of a student’s requirement for graduation. It is a joint responsibility of the education and health sectors that use HSPnet as a shared system to assist with the challenges of coordination, communication, risk management, and capacity development.
HSPnet provides an integrated set of tools for responding to these challenges. Users progress beyond core functionality for Placement Coordination as needed over time. Each program or site, organization, or a jurisdiction of educational and health partners can expand their use of HSPnet to support capacity building, preceptor recognition, prerequisite tracking, student orientation, and more.
Click a link to learn about each feature of HSPnet functionality:
The central focus of HSPnet functionality is on coordination of the placement process. Placement workflows can vary significantly by discipline and region, so HSPnet provides many optional features that support a wide range of processes.
Communication is a key success factor for successful introduction and expansion of HSPnet in a region or province. For implementation inquiries please contact our Help Desk: email@example.com
Content Management - Practice Education Guidelines (PEG)
HSPnet offers features to maintain and to share content that can be applied to multiple placements or activities. Some tools are for individual use, while others are to facilitate regional or provincial efforts to standardize practices relating to practice education. Content management tools in HSPnet include:
- Affiliation agreement management
- Practice Education Guidelines (PEG) – tools for managing policies based on best practice guidelines or established documents
- eOrientation for Practice Education (eOPE) – tools for publishing and managing eLearning topics for student orientation
A primary focus of HSPnet is to efficiently collect data of a high quality and to support the disclosure and sharing of data that is accurate and meets requirements for privacy and confidentiality. Effective management of HSPnet data is achieved through:
- Features and templates to support manual data entry and direct upload of data (staff and student lists)
- Processes for building custom reports via user-friendly wizards, and for requesting a complex data extract that if not available from a user report or wizard
- Application process for organizations that need access to aggregate, de-identified data for governance, policy, or research
Students may be setup by their educational program to access HSPnet directly.
Basic functionality for students is read-only and allows students to view information about their upcoming placements and their placement history, and to communicate via phone/email with their instructor and their site contacts.
Privacy and Security
HSPnet is a secure web-enabled application that contains information about students in placements within health agencies. Student information is protected through a comprehensive privacy and security framework to ensure that personal information in HSPnet:
- Is collected, used, and disclosed only for purposes consistent with identifying and coordinating student placements;
- Cannot be used or disclosed without the consent of the student whose personal information is to be collected; and
- Is disclosed only to authorized individuals on a need-to-know basis, and in general only to individuals involved in students placements within the individual’s educational program or discipline, agency, and/or service area.
For more information:
HSPnet provides advanced placement management options for scheduling to meet the needs of various health disciplines.
HSPnet provides educational programs and receiving sites the effective tools to manage processes for supervisors/preceptors assignment, recognition, and communication between those who are involved with student placements.
HSPnet provides educational programs with effective tools to manage processes for student enrollment, placement assignment, and monitoring for compliance with prerequisites of receiving sites such as CPR and immunizations.