Goals & Objectives
The Goals of HSPnet are to:
- Increase the availability and quality of practice education opportunities for students
- Streamline processes and improve coordination and communication among agencies that place and receive students
- Identify untapped opportunities and provide access to a greater range of placement settings including rural and community
- Support evaluation and improvement of learner outcomes
- Enhance the profile and priority of practice education
The Health Sciences Placement Network, or HSPnet, provides a web-based system for managing practice education in the health sciences. Used across Canada and internationally since 2003, HSPnet provides a database and tools to support the following practice education goals:
- Increased availability and quality of practice education opportunities for students
- Streamlined processes and improved communications among those involved in practice education
- Enhanced access to a greater range of placement opportunities including underutilized sites, rural communities, and interprofessional experiences
- Monitoring and improvement of learner and agency outcomes
- Enhanced profile and priority of practice education
All program or agency addition in HSPnet requires prior approval from their respective HSPnet lead agency.
For access inquiries please contact our HSPnet Help Desk.